POP QUIZ – Monica Murphy
Hey guys! So I have an awesome guest today on the site. Monica Murphy is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the One Week Girlfriend series. She writes new adult and contemporary romance for Bantam and Avon. She also writes romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson. A native Californian, she lives in the foothills below Yosemite. But really, the most important thing to know about her is that she writes amazing books that you can’t help but read in one sitting. Trust me. 🙂
If you’d like to get in touch with Monica, and she’s really the sweetest person to get in touch with, you can go to her contact form on her site, And here are a ton of other links for her too, so now no excuse!
Author Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5934418.Monica_Murphy
Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/Monica-Murphy/e/B00AVPYIGG
So without further ado, here is Monica!
1. Which would you rather drink for the rest of your natural born life, pop or water?
Um I have a diet Coke addiction I’m trying to get over. It’s tough.
2. Which television show could you watch over and over and never get bored?
I have a not so secret addiction to crime shows on the Discovery ID channel. So just turn on that channel and I’m set.
3. Team Marvel Comics or Team DC Comics?
Marvel! My youngest son is a total Marvel fan (Spiderman is his favorite). He says someday he wants to be a comic book writer. That would be awesome.
4. If you could have any super hero save you, who would it be and why?
I’m gonna go with Superman but only if it’s Henry Cavill as Superman. I don’t think I need to give a reason for that do I? Henry is swoon-worthy. 😉
5. Which quote is the one you live by: “To thine own self be true”, “Can’t repeat the past? Why of course you can.”, or “Draw me like one of your French girls.”
“To thine own self be true” – I think that one sums up best how I try to live.
6. Which book best sums up your philosophies on life?
Dude I dunno! Any of those “For Dummies” how to books out there? LOL!
7. If you could bring any fictional person to life and ask him or her a question, who would it be and what would you ask?
I would bring one of my own fictional characters to life (I’m going to choose Drew Callahan) and thank him for torturing me so.
8. What is the most attractive quality in the opposite sex?
I love how men just take charge of any situation. It’s hot.
9. What is the least attractive quality in the opposite sex?
Um, most of them are pretty much slobs. Ick.
10. Which would you choose: being a billionaire at a job you hated or making $20,000 doing your life’s passion?
$20,000 doing my life’s passion. I’d rather be happy and broke than rich and miserable.
11. Define what the word “fear” means to you.
12. Define what the word “happiness” means to you.
13. Which is more fulfilling: the moment of creating art, or the moment of sharing it with the world?
Creating the art. I do enjoy sharing it (well sometimes. It can be a nerve wracking process) but I really enjoy creating it.
14. Which is more difficult: the first rejection from an industry insider or the first negative review from your audience?
For me it was the first rejection from an industry insider only because usually you have such high hopes and then they come crashing down.
15. Is there anyone in your life that you love but are afraid to tell how you feel?
Nooo….everyone that I love knows it!
16. Who do you admire most in your professional life?
That is so tough! I admire so many people. One of my favorites though is Lisa Renee Jones. From early on in my career she was always so supportive. I adore her. She’s such a smart savvy lady. Plus she’s a great writer.
17. Who do you admire most in your personal life?
My mom. She’s awesome.
18. To be successful in your field, what traits do you think a person needs to have?
Diligence. You must be persistent and keep at your craft. You stop writing, you won’t move forward. You can’t give up!
19. What motivates you most?
My readers and my family. And my love of writing.
20. What will you be doing next?
I’m working on edits for INTOXICATED, the final novella in the Billionaire Bachelors Club series. That’s coming out in June. Plus, I have a sexy new contemporary romance series coming out with Bantam. First book will be out near the end of the year.
About Monica Murphy: