POP QUIZ – Carly Sakolove
Carly Sakolove can currently be seen as Rosie in Mamma Mia, now playing at Heinz Hall through Sunday, February 16, 2014. Off Broadway/tour credits include: NEWSical the Musical and Girls Night: the Musical. Regional: Speakeasy Stage, Florida Studio Theatre. B.F.A. from the Boston Conservatory. Original NYC Cabaret: I Hear Voices (Duplex, Joe’s Pub) features her Diva impersonations. Viral Youtube video: “Broadway Divas Send in the Clowns.”
For more information about Carly, check out her website here! And to read more about the show itself, you can see their website and follow the Pgh Cultural Trust on Facebook and Twitter. And now on with the quiz!
1. Which would you rather drink for the rest of your natural born life, pop or water?
2. Which television show could you watch over and over and never get bored?
The L Word, Intervention.
3. Team Marvel Comics or Team DC Comics?
Not much of a comics person, but I like the batman movies!
4. If you could have any super hero save you, who would it be and why?
Cat woman- she’s fierce and beats to her own drum.
5. Which quote is the one you live by: “To thine own self be true”, “Can’t repeat the past? Why of course you can.”, or “Draw me like one of your French girls.”
I can most relate to the first one.
6. Which book best sums up your philosophies on life?
My future autobiography.
7. If you could bring any fictional person to life and ask him or her a question, who would it be and what would you ask?
Frodo Baggins- how many breakfasts do you typically eat in a day?
8. What is the most attractive quality in the opposite sex?
I’ll ask my straight friends and get back to you;)
9. What is the least attractive quality in the opposite sex?
See previous answer.
10. Which would you choose: being a billionaire at a job you hated or making $20,000 doing your life’s passion?
11. Define what the word “fear” means to you.
Being half asleep and half awake and not able to move my body.
12. Define what the word “happiness” means to you.
loving, being loved, theater
13. Which is more fulfilling: the moment of creating art, or the moment of sharing it with the world?
Sharing it with the world- art isn’t art unless it is witnessed.
14. Which is more difficult: the first rejection from an industry insider or the first negative review from your audience?
All actors must learn to let neither of those things affect them or they will drown in this business.
15. Is there anyone in your life that you love but are afraid to tell how you feel?
16. Who do you admire most in your professional life?
Friends of mine who get up many days per week, rain or shine, and wait for hours to be seen at open calls. That is dedication and hard work.
17. Who do you admire most in your personal life?
My parents for working into their retirement years to ensure their children be educated and happy.
18. To be successful in your field, what traits do you think a person needs to have?
Tough skin, talent, determination, luck.
19. What motivates you most?
Seeing talent on a Broadway stage, the love and determination in my partners eyes, making my parents proud.
20. What will you be doing next?