POP QUIZ – Beth Revis
Beth Revis is the New York Times, Publisher’s Weekly, and IndieBound bestselling author of the Across the Universe series, which are fantastic books that blend mystery with science as they follow the voyage of a generation spaceship to a new world. The first book in the trilogy, Across the Universe, is a “cunningly executed thriller” according to Booklist, and the second book, A Million Suns, was hailed by the LA Times as “a fast-paced, action-packed follow-up.” Shades of Earth, the final volume, was called a “tense and delicious ride” by The Examiner.
A former teacher, Beth lives in rural North Carolina with her husband and dog. Currently, she is working on a new science fiction trilogy forthcoming from Razorbill/Penguin. You can find out tons more and connect with Beth at these links.Blog | Twitter | Facebook | GoodReads. And now on with POP QUIZ!
POP QUIZ QUESTIONS
1. Which would you rather drink for the rest of your natural born life, pop or water?
Pop! I have a Soda Stream, so I actually make my own, I’m so addicted 🙂
2. Which television show could you watch over and over and never get bored?
Firefly, hands down.
3. Team Marvel Comics or Team DC Comics?
SO torn on this one, but, for now, Marvel.
4. If you could have any super hero save you, who would it be and why?
Sailor Moon–I’m totally counting her as a super hero, and I want her because I’d love to become her bestie.
5. Which quote is the one you live by: “To thine own self be true”, “Can’t repeat the past? Why of course you can.”, or “Draw me like one of your French girls.”
To thine own self be true. I truly believe that to be a life-changing attitude.
6. Which book best sums up your philosophies on life?
Shakespeare’s King Lear: true love is simple.
7. If you could bring any fictional person to life and ask him or her a question, who would it be and what would you ask?
Dumbledore; I’d ask what he really saw in the Mirror of Erised.
8. What is the most attractive quality in the opposite sex?
9. What is the least attractive quality in the opposite sex?
10. Which would you choose: being a billionaire at a job you hated or making $20,000 doing your life’s passion?
I’d do the billionaire job for a year, then quit (with a hefty severance pay) and take $20k to do my life’s passion.
11. Define what the word “fear” means to you.
12. Define what the word “happiness” means to you.
Surrounded by joy.
13. Which is more fulfilling: the moment of creating art, or the moment of sharing it with the world?
Both, in a different way.
14. Which is more difficult: the first rejection from an industry insider or the first negative review from your audience?
The first rejection–it prepared me for the first negative review.
15. Is there anyone in your life that you love but are afraid to tell how you feel?
No–I don’t believe in hiding love.
16. Who do you admire most in your professional life?
JK Rowling. She is a class act.
17. Who do you admire most in your personal life?
My husband. He’s my hero.
18. To be successful in your field, what traits do you think a person needs to have?
Passion and confidence.
19. What motivates you most?
The creation of art.
20. What will you be doing next?
Creating more art.